My Goals

Hi everyone!
Welcome to my blog.

My English name is David because my favorite soccer player, Ki Sung Yueng, has the same name. I'm into many kinds of sports including soccer, baseball, and tennis. (I only played tennis twice when a friend of mine taught me how to play it, but I love it.)

I love listening to rock music. K-Pop is not really my cup of tea because the lyrics is mostly about love or breaking up. Instead, many rock bands I have discovered wrote about how to live a life and what life entails. Not only that, rock music has powerful and energetic melody which helps me with relieving stress and get refreshed. Some of my favorite bands are Weezer, the Fray, and Oasis. Recently, I have become a fan of a British  Rock Band called Blur.


Blur - Song 2

In a retrospect, last semester here at KMLA was a thrilling experience. I met wonderful friends and teachers, and I explored some new fields of studies. Of course, it was not all beautiful since living apart from family was not easy for me. Also, I was under great pressure to keep up with my studies. There were many talented and hard-working friends who sometimes left me frustrated.

However, I realized that the most important thing is to set up my own plan and pursue it at my own pace. That's why I want to improve my English speaking and writing abilities this semester. Reading and listening is a bit easier, I think, because all I need to do is understand the passage with concentration. On the other hand, speaking and writing requires me to express my own opinion and to communicate with other people. I started learning English when I was in an elementary school, but I still have trouble coming up with an appropriate word when I try to speak or write in English.





So, my goals for this semester is getting more fluent in speaking and writing in English. I believe the only way to achieve fluency is just use English as much as I can. Therefore, I will do my best to actively participate in the class activities and try to do all of my assignments. (and keep EOP as well)


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to My Goals

  1. Great post and wonderful looking blog. I like that you've experimented and made use of video and pictures in the post. It looks much more friendly and inviting.

    I really love Blur - especially Song 2 and "The Universal." Lately I'm into heavier stuff such as sludge metal, as I find it is better to exercise to aggressive music.

    As for your writing - very good. Very few problem areas. A blog will help you write more freely, and reading as many English books as possible will also expand your vocabulary and get you thinking and writing in English more effectively. I encourage you to write free posts about music and movies etc.

    Good work!

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Thank you for the comment and advice Mr. Garrioch!
      I will do my best in this semester.

      삭제

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.