[Random Post] Chemical burn scene from Fight Club



'Fight Club(IMDB)' is a 1999 movie featuring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. It is an adaptation of a 1996 novel of the same title by Chuck Palahniuk. The story line is simple; an ordinary man who suffers from insomnia forms a 'fight club' with Tyler Durden and discovers what it means to be himself and to take control of his life. (Actually you'll discover that this is not the true plot, but it will be a spoiler if I tell everything.) Fight Club is an interesting movie, not only because it has a lot of intense action going on, but also because it gives several points to think about why we live. 

Why do we live anyway? If this question is impossible to answer, how should we live? What attitudes can make our lives more worthwhile and meaningful? The movie will continue to ask these questions and make you reflect on your life. For me, the movie made me feel more powerful and confident in expressing myself. It should be me who makes decisions in my life, but I have been swayed by other people's opinions or prejudices. When I was young, I tried to be a perfectionist and get good scores on exams just because I wanted to get praised for high grades by teachers and my parents. Soon, I discovered that living a life for others is meaningless and does no good for me. The movie reminded me of how important it is to be myself and voice my own opinion.

I would like to introduce one scene from the movie that left a strong impression to me. It is a chemical burn scene that Tyler dabs lye on the protagonist's hand. Here, Tyler is teaching a lesson using a seemingly extreme measure. But I guess his actions and words therefore bring a more powerful impact on viewers. Hopefully this clip will give you something to think about your life as well. 

Oh, and some might find the clip disturbing. Maybe that's why I couldn't find it on Youtube. So viewer discretion is advised. (The clip might take some time to load.)





"Its only after we’ve lost everything that 

we’re free to do anything."

-Tyler Durden

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

4 Responses to [Random Post] Chemical burn scene from Fight Club

  1. I like this movie, especially the scene where they use a song from The Pixies (Where Is My Mind?) as buildings fall down.

    Towards the end is hidden image. I hope you didn't notice it.

    답글삭제

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.